Anhui Dishes consist of South Anhui, Yanjiang and Huai Bei Dishes.
Typical dishes are Smoked Duck, Feiwang Fish with Milk,, Wenzheng
Taros with Honey Juice
1000g red taros
125g crystal sugar
- Choose some orange-colored taros which have "sweated", wash, peel, chop into pieces which have two pointed ends.
- Put a bamboo steamer in a casserole, add water and crystal sugar, when the sugar melts, put in the taros and honey and simmer for one hour.
- When the juice has boiled down, transfer the taros to a plate and pour on the juice.
350g black carp fish meat with skin
four Chinese cabbage leaves
75g bread crumbs
100g grape juice
- Wash the carp meat and cut into the shape of a ladder, make deep-cuts in the skin.
- Add condiments and leave for 20 minutes, coat with egg batter, followed by a layer of bread crumbs, deep-fry in 70% heated oil until light yellow, when grape-shaped, remove.
- Scald the Chinese cabbage leaves, cut into grape leave shape and place beside the carp "grapes".
- Make a sauce of cornstarch, sugar, white winegar, salt and grape juice, pour over the "grapes".
Hot Diced Pork
150g pork fillet
50g fresh chillies
50g green soybeand
50g diced mushrooms
- Dice the pork fillet, add cooking wine, scallion, ginger, pepper and MSG, stir-fry in 80% heated oil and remove.
- Leave a little oil in the wok, put in the chillies and saute until the flavor comes out, drop in the diced pork, soybeans and mushrooms, toss, thicken with cornstarch solution.
Maofeng Smoked Hilsa Herring
half a hilsa herring (750g)
25g Maofeng tea leaves
150g rice crust
- Rub the fish, outside and inside, with salt, sprinkle on minced ginger and scallion then pickle for 20 minutes.
- Put rice crust into an iron saucepan, sprinkle with tea leaves, on top place an iron rack, put the fish on the rack.
- Heat the iron saucepan over a high heat until thick smoke comes out, smoke for five minutes over a low heat, then smoke for three minutes over a high heat.
- Chop the fish into long strips, arrange the strips in the original fish form on a plate.
- Serve with vinegar and minced ginger.
Red-Bayberry-Shaped Meat Balls
300g pork meat
1000g red-bayberry juice
40g bread crumbs
- Mince 70% lean pork leg meat, add eggs, salt and water, mix well, add bread crumbs to make a filling.
- Squeeze the filling into balls the size of red bayberries, roll in salted bread crumbs and deep-fry in 50% hot oil until golden, drain off the oil and transfer to a plate.
- Add sugar, vinegar and red bayberry juice to soup stock and heat over a moderate heat to make a spicy sauce, thicken with cornstarch and pour over the meat balls.
raw chicken meat
cooked white chicken meat
fish maw soaked in oil
soaked dried bean milk cream rolls
dried slices of tender bamboo shoots
- Slice the sea cucumbers, fish maw, squid, bamboo shoots, dried bean milk cream rolls and ham.
- Add scallion, ginger slices and Shaoxing rice wine to the tripe, chicken and scallops, steam until the flavor penetrates, then slice.
- Cut the cooked chicken and ham into shreds.
- Mash and season the fish, shape into balls, roll in the scallop strips and steam.
- Add scallop balls, all other ingredients and condiments to chicken soup and boil until the flavor penetrates, transfer to a bowl and steam for five minutes.
- Pour out the soup stock, thicken with cornstarch, then pour back into the hotchpotch.
Hashima with Cherries and Orange Slices
25g Hashima oily pieces
10g orange slices (canned)
10g red cherries
- Add water, cooking wine, ginger and scallion to soaked Hashima and steam for 10 minutes, rinse to get rid of the fishy smell then soak in water.
- Add water to crystal sugar and boil to a syrup.
- To another pan, add boilingg water, put in the Hashima and bring to the boil, remove and drain off the water.
- Add orange slices and the Hashima to the sugar syrup, bring to the boil, pour into a soup bowl and add the cherries.
[back to Little Ma's Recipe Corner]
[ Hyper-C | Virtual Tours | The China Experience ]
Home | CityVistas | Business | Tech | Discover China | News | Services
here to feel china from the closest
The Great Wall Of China ||Xi'an Terracotta Warriors ||The Yellow Mountains||Guilin Tour||
Tour of Tibet||