Maofeng Smoked Hilsa Herring
half a hilsa herring (750g)
25g Maofeng tea leaves
150g rice crust
- Rub the fish, outside and inside, with salt, sprinkle on minced ginger and scallion then pickle for 20 minutes.
- Put rice crust into an iron saucepan, sprinkle with tea leaves, on top place an iron rack, put the fish on the rack.
- Heat the iron saucepan over a high heat until thick smoke comes out, smoke for five minutes over a low heat, then smoke for three minutes over a high heat.
- Chop the fish into long strips, arrange the strips in the original fish form on a plate.
- Serve with vinegar and minced ginger.