Heilongjiang Dishes consist of dishes from Harbin, Mudanjiang. Yichun and Heihe. Typical dishes are red cooked maha fish, roast dog meat, fork cooked wild pig meat, braised deer-tail, Flying Dragon soup.
one pork thigh
150g pork tenderloin
fragrant mushrooms(water swelled)
- Stew the pork thigh in soy sauce till soft and tender, remove to a plate.
- Cut the tenderloin into strips and steep in salt, wine, MSG and pepper for a while then coat with wet cornstarch and stir in 6 fold hot oil till just done, place on the side of the thigh.
- Stir fry the vegetable hearts and mushroom, add cornstarch solution, place beside the thigh.
Shark Fins and Scallops
300g water expanded shark fins
red and green cherries
ham, pork, chicken and duck slices
- Scald the shark fins, steep in chicken soup till flavored, remove to a bowl and cover with ham, pork, chicken and duck slices, drain out the juice, turn the bowl upside down onto a plate.
- Scald the scallops in chicken soup, together with the red and green cherries place arround the shark fins.
White Meat, Blood Sausage
streaky pork with skin and bones attached
500g pork intestine
1000g fresh pork blood
- Burn the skin of the pork on an open flame, soak in warm water for half an hour, scrape away the burnt skin, drop into boiling water, bring to the boil, simmer till cooked, bone while hot, when cool cut into thin slices, place on a plate.
- Clean the intestine, turn it inside out, fasten one end.
- Strain the blood and allow to settle, to the serum add 1/4 of its volumn of water and a paste made of salte, MSG, Sharen, cassia bark, qibiangui, zikou and cloves pour into the intestine, tie up the end, drop into boiling water, simmer till the intestine floats, remove, cool, cut into slices.
- Scald the slices then place in a bowl of soup containing scallions, ginger shreds and MSG.
200g wild chicken meat
50g chicken breast
- Cut the wild chicken meat into thin slices, smear with egg white, scald thoroughly.
- Beat till firm 150g egg white.
- Mince the chicken breast and mix into the beaten egg white, put into duck shaped moulds, use hot green and red peppers to form the beaks, eyes and wings; steam till cooked.
- Drop wild chicken slices, ham slices and vegetable hearts into chicken soup, bring to the boil, remove ingredients to a bowl.
- Again bring the soup to the boil, skim, season and pour over the ingredients in the bowl.
- Add the steamed "ducks".
[back to Little Ma's Recipe Corner]
here to feel china from the closest
The Great Wall Of China ||Xi'an Terracotta Warriors ||The Yellow Mountains||Guilin Tour||
Tour of Tibet||