Stewed Assorted "Lotus"
Cooked chicken breast
cooked egg rolls with mashed shrimps
winter bamboo shoot slices
mandarin fish meat
fish maw soaked in oil
shrimps coated with batter
10 boiled eggs
- Drop fish maw into a wok, add chicken soup, seasonings, bring to the
boil, ladle out, drain, drop into a casserole.
- Score the chicken gizzard with chysanthemum like cuts. Score pork
kidney with wheat ear-like cuts.
- Slice the mandarin fish. Stew the mushrooms and shrimps in chicken
soup. Slice the ham, winter bamboo shoots, egg crisscross pattern on
the fish maw.
- At the ends of the cross put chicken gizzard, pork kidney, mandarin
fish and mushroom slices, together with the cut in half cabbage
- Carve flowers at the smaller end of the eggs. Cut ham and winter
bamboo shoots into petal-like slices, insert them into the egg yolks.
- Put two eggs in the center of the casserole and eight around it,
steam for 15 minutes.
- Bring to the boil soup stock, and pour it into the casserole.