Hubei Dishes consist of dishes from Wuhan, Jinnan, Xiangyun and Southeast Hubei. Typical dishes are steamed Wuchang fish, steamed triplet from Mianyang, chicken broth stewed in an earthen jar, thousand-sliced pork, penholder-like fish belly, calipash soup with wax gourd and quick-boiled fish with oranges.
Mandarin Fish in Tomato Juice
live mandarin fish 250g
100g tomato ketchup
- Clean the fish and cut into long slices, score the two sides, steep in scallion and ginger sauce and cooking wine for 30 minutes.
- Then coat the fish slices with dried cornstarch, deep-fry in 8-fold hot oil till golden brown and look like grapes, transfer to a plate.
- Scald green cabbage leaves, cut into grape-leaf-like patterns and place beside the fish "grapes".
- Pour tomato ketchup into hot oil, stir well, pour over the fish.
400g mandarin fish
50g mushrooms soaked in water
5g minced water chestnuts
500g chicken soup
4 egg whites
- Mash the fish, add seasonings, minced water chest-nuts, and egg white, stir in one direction adding water at the same time to make a paste.
- Pour water into a saucepan and put over a low heat.
- Make the mashed fish into orange-like wedges, and drop one by one into the saucepan, move to a high heat and stew till 80% done, pour in cold water, stew for one minute and remove.
- Add mushroom slices and seasoning to chichen soup, bring to the boil, drop in the fish wedges, stew until done, transfer to a bowl, sprinkle with chopped scallion and white pepper.
Eight-Treasure Sea Cucumbers
400g sea cucumbers soaked in water
50g pork tendons
25g cooked chicken meat
25g bamboo shoots
15g dried shrimps
cooked lotus seedpods
50g Chinese water chestnuts
- Rinse and slice into strips the sea cucumbers and tendons.
- Slice into pieces the bamboo shoots, ham and chicken.
- Dice the water chestnuts.
- Remove the bitter hearts of the lotus seedpods.
- Season oil with scallion and ginger, drop in the sea cucumber slices and slightly stir-fry, pour in chicken soup, transfer to a bowl.
- Stew the mushrooms and ham in chicken soup till done, pour over the sea cucumbers and steam for an hour, keep the soup, transfer the sea cucumbers to a plate.
- Add seasonings to the soup, bring to the boil, thicken, pour over the sea cucumbers.
Eight Delicacies Orange Cups
50g fragrant mushrooms
50g water chestnuts
50g chicken breast
50g winter bamboo shoots
50g lotus seeds
50g shelled walnuts
50g green soybeans
- Wash the oranges, cut off the tops in a zig-zag pattern, take out the orange pulp to make an orange cup.
- Finely dice the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, ham and chicken breast.
- Depistil the lotus seeds and steam cook.
- Peel and finely dice the shelled walnuts.
- Boil the green soybeans till flavored in soup stock.
- Season the chicken dices and stir cook in 6 fold hot oil.
- Mix together the ingredients and spoon into the orange cups, steam cook.
Jade-Belt Fish Rolls
300g Cai fish meat with skin
50g dried mushrooms soaked in water
50g bamboo shoots soaked in water
250g chicken soup
- Cut the fish into 30 slices.
- Shred the ham, dried mushrooms, and bamboo shoots.
- Sprinkle salt onto the fish slices and coat with flour on both sides, cover with shredded ham, dried mushrooms, bamboo shoots, ginger and scallion, roll into fish rolls, steam for 5 minutes, place on palm leaves on a plate.
- Season oil with chopped scallion and minced ginger, pour in chicken soup and seasonings, bring to the boil, thicken, pour over the fish rolls, sprinkle with pepper.
Chicken Slices with Golden-needle Mushrooms
250g chicken breast meat
150g golden-needle mushrooms
1 egg white
- Cut the ckicken meat into pieces, add egg white, salt and cornstarch, stir evenly.
- Cut the mushrooms into short lengths, scald in clear soup, and let to dry.
- Scald the chicken pieces and mushrooms, quickly saute, add dondiments and thicken with cornstarch solution.
dried mushrooms soaked in water
peeled Chinese water chestnuts
- Finely chop the squids, add condiments, stir evenly.
- Cut the mushrooms, shrimps and water chestnuts into shreds, add to the squid mash and squeeze into balls.
- Soak the scallops for 30 minutes, remove to a soup plate, add cooking wine, scallion and ginger, steam for 30 minutes, let cool, cut into strips.
- Roll the squid balls in the scallop strips, steam for 10 minutes.
- Boil chicken stock with MSG and salt, chicken with cornstarch and pour over the scallop balls.
[back to Little Ma's Recipe Corner]
[ Hyper-C | Virtual Tours | The China Experience ]
Home | CityVistas | Business | Tech | Discover China | News | Services
here to feel china from the closest
The Great Wall Of China ||Xi'an Terracotta Warriors ||The Yellow Mountains||Guilin Tour||
Tour of Tibet||