Eight-Treasure Sea Cucumbers
400g sea cucumbers soaked in water
50g pork tendons
25g cooked chicken meat
25g bamboo shoots
15g dried shrimps
cooked lotus seedpods
50g Chinese water chestnuts
- Rinse and slice into strips the sea cucumbers and tendons.
- Slice into pieces the bamboo shoots, ham and chicken.
- Dice the water chestnuts.
- Remove the bitter hearts of the lotus seedpods.
- Season oil with scallion and ginger, drop in the sea cucumber slices and slightly stir-fry, pour in chicken soup, transfer to a bowl.
- Stew the mushrooms and ham in chicken soup till done, pour over the sea cucumbers and steam for an hour, keep the soup, transfer the sea cucumbers to a plate.
- Add seasonings to the soup, bring to the boil, thicken, pour over the sea cucumbers.