Prawns with Chicken
200g chicken breast
150g egg white
50g dry cornstarch
20g green cabbage leaves
20g green soybeans
5g cherry slices
Rinse the prawns, slice along the back, shape the head into a half circle, steep in scallion, ginger and salt solution for 10 minutes, remove and sprinkle with dry starch.
- Rinse and mince the chicken breast, add water while mincing.
- To make a chicken paste, beat up the egg white and mix with the chicken paste, make into a gold fish shape, use cherry slices for the eyes and green soybeans for the mouth.
- Cut the green cabbage leaves into slanting slices to serve as scales.
- Put the remainder of the chicken paste on a greased plate, smooth the top, and insert green soybeans to make "lotus seedpods".
- Steam the "gold fish" and "lotus seedpods" for 7 minutes till done.
- Put the "lotus seedpods" in the middle of a plate and the "gold fish" around them.
- Add cooking wine, salt and pepper to chicken soup, bring to the boil, thicken, and pour over the "gold fish" and "lotus seedpods".