[Chinese GB][Chinese Big5]
Shandong cuisine can be traced back to the Spring and Autumn period. It was quickly developed in the South and North Dynasties, and was recognized as an important style of cooking in the Qing Dynasty. The raw materials are mainly domestic animals and birds, sea food and vegetables. The masterful cooking techniques include BAO (quick fry), LIU (quick fry with cornflour), PA (stew braise), roast, boiling, using sugar to make fruit, crystallizing with honey. Condiments such as sauce paste, fistulous onion and garlic are freely used, clear soup and milk soup are masterly used to add freshness to the dishes.; Famous dishes are braised abalone with shells, fried sea cucumber with fistulous onion and fragrant calamus in milk soup. The dishes are tasty and fresh.
Chicken "Gourds" and Shark's Fins
500g shark's fins
250g raw chicken breast
50g fat pork
40g large dried shrimps
- Finely mince the chicken breast and fat pork, add egg white and soup stock, stir well to make a chicken paste.
- Rinse the shark's fins, add soup stock, scallion sections, ginger slices and prickly ash, steam for 2 hours.
- Make 12 "gourds" out of the paste, insert shrimps in the top of the "gourds", place on an oiled flat plate, steam for 10 minutes.
- Put prickly ash oil, soup, seasoning and the "gourds" into a wok, braise over a low heat for 5 minutes, take out the "gourds" add the shark's fins, bring to the boil, thicken, put in a bowl, put the "gourds" around the shark's fins.
Soya Bean Sprouts
350g tender soybean sprouts
5g red pepper shreds
1g scallion and ginger shreds
11g black fingus shreds
- Wash the soybean sprouts, nip off the roots, boil in hot water till done, remove, drain and transfer to a plate.
- Heat sesame oil till 5-fold hot, fry prickly ash grains till golden brown, remove, drop in pepper shreds, scallion and ginger shreds, drop in the black fungus shreds, soy sauce, cooking wine, vinegar, white sugar, and salt, bring to the boil, sprinkle over the soya bean sprouts.
Auspicious Dried Scallop
100g dried scallops soaked in water
50g chicken fillets
4 egg whites
100g soup stock
- Scald the scallops in soup stock, tear into pieces.
- De-vein and mince the chicken fillets, add egg white, soup, dissolved cornstarch solution, salt and cooking wine, mix to make chicken sauce.
- Melt lard in a wok to 4-fold hot, stir in the chicken sauce slowly, stir-fry over a low heat; transfer a half of the chicken sauce to a plate.
- Stir scallops into the other half then transfer to the plate, sprinkle with garlic.
Stir-fried Bean Curd
500g tender bean curd
50g dried shrimps soaked in water
25g salted potherb mustard
- Rinse the potherb mustard, squeeze out the water, chop finely.
- Mince the dried shrimps, cut the garlic bolt into pieces.
- Peel the bean curd, stir to make a paste.
- Heat the oil to 6-fold hot, drop in minced scallion and ginger to season the oil, drop in bean curd paste, dried shrimp, minced potherb mustard, cooking wine, and salt, stir-fry for 3 minutes, transfer to a plate, sprinkle with garlic bolt pieces.
12 prawns (750g)
100g clear soup
- Remove tantacles, legs and intestines, then wash the prawns.
- Fry short lengths of scallion and slices of ginger in 60% heated oil till the fragrance comes out, remove the scallion and ginger, add sugar, clear soup, cooking wine and salt.
- Bring to the boil, add the prawns and bring to the boil on a high flame, lower the heat, simmer till soup is thick, add a little sesame oil.
Pear Balls with Honey
500g yellow pear
- Peel, core and shred the pears.
- Mix with egg white, cornstarch, and flour, make into 3cm diameter balls.
- Deep-fry the balls in 5-fold hot oil till golden brown, remove and drain.
- Stir-fry sugar till brown, add water, white sugar and pear balls, simmer over a low heat till there is little juice left.
- Add honey and dry further, pour in some oil, transfer to a plate.
Swallow Nest in Clear Soup
25g white swallow nest
1500g clear stock
12 pigeon eggs
15 coriander stalks
- Swell, by soaking, the swallow nest, tear into pieces and again soak in cold water.
- Cut 10g of the ham into pieces, the rest into strips.
- Break the pigeon eggs into 12 separate oiled spoons, place some ham and coriander on the two ends of each spoon, steam till well-done, these are the willow leaf pigeon eggs.
- Wash and dry the swallow nest, scald in clear stock, then take out, put in a bowl and decorate with ham strips and coriander.
- Place the pigeon eggs round the swallow nest.
- Add salt and cooking wine to 1000g clear soup, bring to the boil, skim, add MSG and seasoning, pour slowly into the bowl.
Corn with Dried Shrimps
350g baby corn
50g dried shrimps soaked in water
- Cut the corn lengthwise in two, scald, drop into cold water, and drain.
- Heat sesame oil to 5-fold hot, fry minced ginger, pour in cooking wine, drop in shrimps, corn , soup stock and salt, stir-fry.
[back to Little Ma's Recipe Corner]
[ Hyper-C | Virtual Tours | The China Experience ]
Home | CityVistas | Business | Tech | Discover China | News | Services
here to feel china from the closest
The Great Wall Of China ||Xi'an Terracotta Warriors ||The Yellow Mountains||Guilin Tour||
Tour of Tibet||