Duck Slices in Soy Sauce
one spring duck (1000g)
200g sweet fermented flour sauce
- Clean the duck, chop off the beak but keep the tongue, discard the feet, boil till 70% done with scallion, ginger and wild pepper; chop off the head, neck, legs, remove the carcass, cut the duck in two along the back then chop into rectangular pieces.
- Steam the taros till done, peel and roll-cut.
- Put the duck pieces on a rack in a saucepan, drop in the taros, duck head, neck and legs, add duck soup, seasonings and sweet fermented flour sauce fried with white sugar.
- Fry scallion ginger and wild pepper in 6-fold hot oil till the flavor comes out, pour the oil into the saucepan with the duck, stew over a low heat for an hour, remove the duck to a dish.
- Thicken the soup and pour it over the duck.