[Chinese GB] [Chinese Big5]
The origin of Sichuan Cuisine can be traced back to the Qin and Han Dynasties, although its recognition as a distinct regional system took place only in the Song Dynasty. The raw materials are delicacies from land and river, edible wild herbs, and the meat of domestic animals and birds. Masterly used cooking techniques are saute, stir fry without stewing, dry braise,PAO (soak in water) and Hui (fry then braise with cornflour sauce). Sichuan Cuisine is famous for its distinct and various flavors, the most outstanding ones are fish flavors, pepper powder boiled in oil, strange flavor and sticky-hot. Famous dishes are fried diced chicken with chilli sauce, Zhang Tea Duck, Mapo bean curd, chafing dish with pig's stomach, and cabbage in boiling water.
Fish Head in Bean Curd Soup
two fish heads
100g bean curd
- Deep-fry the fish heads.
- Add chill bean sauce, scallion, ginger, minced garlic and soup, salt, MSG, Pepper and cooking wine.
- When the fish heads are done, add bean sheet jelly, bring to the boil,thicken, sprinke with garlic shoots.
Fish Flavored Eggplant
50g chilli bean sauce
- Peel and score the eggplants, cut into chunks and deep-fry till soft, remove.
- Fry chilli bean sauce till the flavor comes out, add finely chopped scallion and ginger, put in white sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, clear soup and the egg plants, thicken with cornstarch solution.
Steamed Yellow Croaker
2 yellow croaker (1000g)
100g shredded pork
pickled chilli shreds
scallion and ginger shreds
25g mushroom shreds
25g shreded winter bamboo shoots
25g hot pickled mustard tuber
- Clean the yellow croaker, score on both sides, season in cooking wine, salt, scallion, ginger and pepper for half an hour.
- Saute pork shreds in a wok, drop in chilli shreds, scallion and ginger shreds, saute, add shredded mushrooms, shredded winter bamboo shoots, shredded hot pickled mustard tuber, then add soy sauce, pepper, cooking wine and MSG, stir-fry well, pour over the croaker.
- Steam the croaker till done, remove and sprinkle with scallion shreds, pour on hot oil.
750g cabbage hearts
1000g pork chops
- Clean the chicken, and put into a casserole with pork chops and ham, add water and bring to the boil, skim, stew over a low heat to make clear soup.
- Take the cabbage hearts, score the roots with criss-cross diagonal cuts then sald.
- Put the cabbage hearts into a bowl, pour in the clear soup and steam till done.
50g fresh peas
150g shrimps, salt, pepper, dried cornstarch
200g pea shoots
1 egg white
- Steep the shrimps with a little soda powder then rinse with water, wipe with dry with a towel.
- Add salt, pepper, egg white and dry cornstarch, saute in oil till done, drain away the oil.
- With some oil in the wok, drop in minced ginger, shrimps, fresh peas and saute.
- Pour in a pre-mixed sauce of cornstarch solution, salt, pepper and clear soup, stir-fry, transfer to a plate, decorate with green pea shoots.
200g lean pork
50g bamboo shoots
50g black fungus
20g pickled chillies
- Shred the pork, bamboo shoots and black fungus.
- Mix the seasonings, add to soup-stock, bring to the boil and thicken with cornstarch.
- Saute pork shreds in 6-fold hot oil, add ginger, garlic, and pickled chillies till the fish-flavor comes out.
- Drop in bamboo slices and black fungus, add the thickened soup.
Steamed Beef with Ground Rice
75g spiced ground rice
10g sweet fermented flour sauce
- De-Vein and slice the beef.
- Add beans, fermented glutinous rice juice, soy sauce, prickly ash powder, hot chilli powder, mashed garlic and ground rice.
- Stir well.
- Steam the beef till soft and tender.
- Add seasonings, garnish with coriander.
400g pork shoulder with the skin
100g garlic bolt
25g broad beans
10g sweet fermented flour sauce
- Rinse the pork, stew till the meat is tender and the skin is soft, cool and slice.
- Cut the garlic bolt into sections.
- Stir-fry pork slices in 6-fold hot oil till slightly curled.
- Drop in finely chopped broad beans, stir-fry till brown.
- Add sweet fermented flour sauce, stir-fry till the flavor comes out; season,drop in garlic bolt sections, stir-fry.
[back to Little Ma's Recipe Corner]
[ Hyper-C | Virtual Tours | The China Experience ]
Home | CityVistas | Business | Tech | Discover China | News | Services
here to feel china from the closest
The Great Wall Of China ||Xi'an Terracotta Warriors ||The Yellow Mountains||Guilin Tour||
Tour of Tibet||