Chestnuts with Cabbage
100g raw chestnuts
250g cabbage hearts
- Chop the chestnuts into halves, boil for five minutes, remove, peel, and cut in halves again.
- Cut the cabbage hearts into strips and fry in 70% heated oil until golden.
- Dip the chestnuts into boiling oil and remove.
- Put the chestnuts and cabbage strips into boiling water to rinse out the oil; remove and drain.
- Put finely chopped ginger into 70% heated oil over a high heat, add soup-stock, condiments, cabbage, chestnuts and sugar, bring to the boil, simmer until well-done, add MSG, turn the heat high again, thicken, sprinkle with sesame oil.