Palace-shaped Chinese Yam
500g Chinese yam
300g haw jelly
100g green plums
- Wash and steam the Chinese yam, then peel and slice.
- Slice the haw jelly. Scald the green plums, then chop into tile shape.
- Coat greaseproof paper with sesame oil and put it flat on a soup plate.
- Pile up the sliced yam and sliced haw jelly to form the shape of a roof with the colors alternating, pile the sliced green plums in between.
- Place what is left of the yam and haw jelly in the middle of the soup plate.Turn upside down on a flat plate and remove the greaseproof paper.
- Steam for 3 minutes. Pour some sugar and sweet osmanthus sauce into boiling water and thicken with cornstarch pour over the plate.