Chinese White Cabbage Hearts with Mushrooms
650g Chinese white cabbage
30 button musbrooms (canned or fresb)
10 large Chinese black mushrooms
l/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. MSG (optional)
1 tsp. dissolved cornstarch
3 tsp. peanut oil
- Trim and wash cabbage, keep cabbage hearts and cut lengthwise into
4-inch (12cm.) sections.
- Wash black mushrooms in cold water. Soak them in one cup warm water
for about 15 minutes. Remove mushrooms and squeeze out excess water.
Drain mushroom water through a sieve and discard the debris.
- Heat wok over high heat. Add 2 tsp. oil. When smoke rises, add
cabbage hearts. Stir-fry for one minue, add mushroom water and salt.
Stir-fry and blend well. Cover wok with a lid and simmer for three
minutes. Remove lid and add dissolved cornstarch to thicken the sauce.
Add MSG if desired. Blend well. Remove to a dish and arrange like
flower petals in radiating shape.
- Heat 1 tsp. oil, stir- fry button mushrooms and drained black
mushrooms. Add a pinch of salt. Remove from wok.
- Heap the black mushrooms in the center of a plate. surround the
mushrooms with the cabbage hearts. Arrange the button mushrooms in a
circle along the rim of the plate. The finished dish should look like a