Lotus Root Sandwiches with Purple Rice
500g fresh lotus root
500g purple glutinous rice
500g minced chicken
one lotus leaf
- Steam the purple rice till done.
- Peal and boil till cooked the lotus root, cut into rounds.
- Mix together to make a paste the purple rice, minced chicken, salt, MSG, one egg white and 30g dissolved corn starch.
- Make sandwiches out of the lotus root rounds with the paste for filling.
- Make batter out of 2 egg whites and 30g cornstarch.
- Coat the lotus sandwiches with the egg batter, and deep-fry till golden brown.
- Scald the lotus leaf, and spread on a plate, place the lotus sandwiches on top, and recreate the lotus root.
- Serve with plates of spiced salt.