The Surging Waves Pavilion. First built in 1044
AD, the garden is the oldest of the existing Suzhou
classical gardens. The outer part of the double corridor is
over the canal's edge,while the other open to the
central hill. Latticed windows on the wall supply the
spatial link between the scenery inside and outside the
garden, which is the typical device of "borrowed views".