|Chengguang Hall Click to view full (19.6k)
The main structure in the Circular City has a square platform in front and a roof of several tiers of flying eaves. The roof is covered with glazed yellow tiles and edged with green glazed tiles. During the Ming Dynasty the emperor liked to come here to watch fireworks. It was converted into a Buddha hall during the Qing Dynasty. Now there is a Buddha statue of white jade in it.
||White Pagoda Click to view full (21.9k)
It was originally built in 1651 but collapsed in an earthquake. The present structure was a later reconstruction. The lamaist pagoda is 35.9 meters high with a tiered base and a body like an upturned bowl. Sutras in Tibetan language are carved inside the front gate. Fourteen copper bells hang from its copper canopy on top of which is a gilt ball like a flame.