Part of the Guilin Tour material is provided by "China Tourism".
At home and abroad, Guilin is primarily known for its enticing and unique scenery. Chinese frequently refer to it as the world's most beautiful scenery, and one will acknowledge its beauty once one has taken a relatively tranquil trip down the Lijiang.
Over the course of centuries many poets and painters have been drawn to these parts, and they have all praised the beauty of Guilin in their works.
Guilin offers travelers a number of interesting sights, and those are also what we are going to offer. Follow the direction arrow below, your time will be proved to be very much worthy with those awesome photos of Guilin.
Guilin is famous for its limestone karst mountains, most relaxing Li River cruise, extraordinary minority villages and terraced rice fields, and the backpackers' paradise - Yangshuo.
"The river forms a green gauze belt, the mountains are like blue jade hairpins."
- by Han Yu, a famous writer of Tang Dynasty
"I have visited more than 80 countries and over 100 cities. I have found that no city can surpass the beauty of Guilin. Guilin is really a bright pearl in China."
- by former U.S. President Richard Nixon
"No place in China is more evocative of the beauty of your country than Guilin."
- by former U.S. President Bill Clinton.
10 Reasons to Visit Guilin
- An absolutely legendary scenic Mecca, Guilin has the most typical karst topography in the world, with verdant hills, limpid waters, mysterious caves and grotesque rocks.
- Take the Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo and enjoy the fresh feeling of walking in a Chinese ink landscape painting
- Pedal lazily through the rice paddies, fruit orchards, tranquil villages and extraordinary karst peaks of Yangshuo
- Simply relax yourself in one of the bars or cafes at the nationally renowned Yangshuo West Street to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere
- Watch the stunning "Impression·Liu Sanjie" — China's largest outdoor performance on a natural stage setting formed by the Li River and 12 peaks
- Enjoy a casual stroll through the city area, taste the famous Guilin rice noodles, and take the 'Two Rivers and Four Lakes' water tour around the city at night
- Explore the peak-dotted riverine parks and marvel at Mother Nature’s masterpieces, such as the Elephant Trunk Hill, the Camel Hill
- Go through spectacular karst caves, such as the Reed Flute Cave and the Seven Star Cave, and learn how the fantastic stalactites were formed
- Take an excursion to the spectacular Dragon’s Backbone Rice Terraces in Longsheng County and sleep in the Zhuang village of Ping’ an
- Hike around the mountain areas dotted with colourful ethnic minority tribes such as Zhuang, Miao, Yao and Dong
Yangshuo: the paradise for backpackers, highly recommended in Lonely Planet guide book.